About Sri Lanka
- lsland Nation of 65000 Sq. Kilometers with a population of 20 Million.
- Strategically connected to major shipping & air routes to the East & West providing direct access to important trading partners.
- Peace and Economic Stability.
- Never defaulted on its International Debt Obligations.
- GDP Value USD 67 Bn
- GDP Growth Rate of 7.3%
- FDI from BOI Projects- USD1|.39 Bn.
- Per Capita Income USD 3,280
- Export earnings USD 10,394 Mn
- Literacy rate 95.6%
- Source - Central Bank 2014
- Total Foreign Ownership of Business.
- No restrictions on Repatriation of Earnings.
- Safety of Foreign Investments Guaranteed by the Constitution.
- Strong Intellectual Property law in line with WIPO Regulations.
- National Treatment is guaranteed.
- Signatory to the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) of the World Bank.
- Investment Protection Agreement and Double Taxation Relief Agreement with over 25 countries, including japan.